I did make a few alterations to the original recipe--especially on the salt--that recipe on AllRecipes had a ton of salt in it! I would say it was a little spicy--if you like spicy food in any way, keep the amount of pepper at the amount written--if you aren't into spicy, I recommend halving the cayenne, black and jalapeno pepper.
Serve with Cilantro Basmati Rice (I always put the rice at the beginning of the recipe, otherwise I forget to make it!)
1 tablespoon olive oil
Mix yogurt and all spices together (through salt) in the bowl you want to marinate your meat in. Add chicken pieces to marinade mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to pan. Add chicken to pan, searing on both sides and cooking until juices run clear. Discard any leftover marinade
Immediately after getting chicken added to pan, begin work on sauce:
In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add garlic and jalapeno pepper, saute 1 minute. Add cumin, paprika and salt. Stir in tomatoes and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat and simmer, about 20 minutes, until sauce thickens. Pour sauce over chicken, and simmer, about 5-10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Cilantro Basmati Rice
Cook 1 cup dry Basmati Rice according to package directions. I prefer mine drier, so I usually reduce the water as suggested on the package. Once the rice is done cooking, add chopped Cilantro in desired amount.
No comments:
Post a Comment